Tuesday, November 16, 2010

tree plans

So I think I have found a way to create a tree. My husband and I sat down and sketched out some ideas and then began discussing what was feasible. Some of our first ideas included overlapping plywood to create bark textures, but that would end up taking forever and we couldn't figure out how to create tree limbs from that. So the idea I am focused in on now is creating strips of the plywood and cutting them out to create an entire tree silhouette with some boards sticking out further to place my products on. I know plywood sounds cheap looking but I was surprised when he brought a sample home it actually is really pale and pretty and doesn't need much done to it, it is also very smooth. But my second favorite idea is creating a flat tree silhouette with branches, against the wall or against the one brick post thats ticks out in the gallery, and using the sewing pattern to create paper flower balls and attach them to the branches to create 3D foliage. O.K. sounds crazy but in the sketches it turned out pretty cool. Also, found out that my grandparents have a bicycle that is 40 or so years old-I need to go check it out but I am praying that it has either a banana seat or a basket on the front-hope it's in o.k. condition!

the flower balls that would make up the foliage on the tree would look like this-except out of sewing patterns...and they would be layered.

No comments:

Post a Comment