Thursday, November 11, 2010

exploring

So I have been exploring flower making. Currently the flowers I have been making have been out of paper, the thicker scrap-booking paper and then the extremely thin yet inexpensive sewing patterns. I enjoy the looks of both the papers but they are both tricky to work with so my next task is fabric flowers. I started looking at linen fabric to make flowers out of, because I feel like the texture and the colors work well with my other fabric, but I found the muslin to be just as attractive and again, much cheaper at like a dollar a yard. I also found a few new ways to construct flowers with wire instead of sewing them which I will try out soon. And I tried to order the blue velvet ribbon I found online but they are temporarily out stock in the width I was looking for so I am holding off on that for now. I have been on the search for brushed metal tops that would work for nail polish bottles as well as lip gloss containers and right now it's looking like ALMAY cosmetics is my best option. They have a mascara tube that I might be able to take the top off of and glue onto whichever nail polish bottle I like, but I am still working on the logistics of that. I also found an ALMAY lip stick case that is tall and thin and is clear as well as has some brushed metal elements but I need to try and dig out the lipstick from it, because the colors aren't that great.

here is the mascara top, it looks more metallic in person

No comments:

Post a Comment