Thursday, October 14, 2010

packaging

So the presentation went well and I feel like I have a much clearer idea of my project. I have been browsing Anthropology's website to look at their cues for typography, textures, and colors. I also have looked at their "accessories" section of their website and I found soap, lotion, and makeup bags, but no makeup!!!! This makes me so excited because now I can go ahead with the cosmetics line for them. I also looked at the lotion and soap packaging there and there was a lot of use of flowers on labels and paper wrapping of the soaps which fits right in with my ideas. I am playing around with the idea of limiting my cosmetics line to things like eyeshadows, nail polish, lips, and maybe blush, since it will be the unique colors that consumers would be attracted to. I don't see many women buying their foundation at Anthropology. I will be calling the packaging companies soon and asking for samples.I also talked to my husband about ideas for display in the final project and I think I want to have the make-up be displayed in a tree. I envision the tree to be made from maybe unexpected things or different combinations of "scrap wood". I am still sketching out the idea but I think it would tie in with Anthropology's overall esthetic and make for a wicked cool display in the Art Show. I also envision an old school banana seat bike at the bottom of the tree with a basket on the front, either with some of the makeup in it or if I create any printed materials, to display those.

No comments:

Post a Comment