Thursday, September 30, 2010

flowers

So here is a flower I found while looking up vintage flower patterns for inspiration for my cosmetics line. I found a blog online that shows you step by step how to make these flowers. They are made from old sewing patterns which I think is so cool. Obviously this flower is a little Victorian in style but I would love to incorporate flowers like this in my package design except with patterned, more colorful paper. I think they could be gorgeous on top of boxes and as a keepsake that you could wear as a pin or in your hair or just collect. I think this idea could also lead to a great cosmetics display, which I am also researching. I have taken pictures of cosmetics displays and also have looked them up online and they really are very stagnant, linear, and boring, so I am looking forward to exploring displays further. And still no luck on a name!

No comments:

Post a Comment